NEEDHAM, Mass., June 24, 2020 / PRNewswire / – Tripadvisor®, the world’s largest travel platform, today launched a new suite of “Travel Safe” tools to help consumers find, filter and validate health and safety information to feel more confident in their future travel choices in town and around the world. Travel Safe features are available in the 49 markets where Tripadvisor operates, and more than 13,850 properties have already activated the feature set.
A recent Tripadvisor study * found that for consumers considering future trips:
- More than 9 in 10 people (92%) said that cleanliness is the most important factor in choosing a place to stay.
- More than 8 in 10 (84%) said certificates of cleanliness or sanitization are important when booking a travel experience.
- Almost 8 in 10 (79%) said it is important to publicly display compliance with government safety standards.
How Travel Safe helps travelers and business owners:
- Health and Safety Checklists: By leveraging the expertise of public health organizations and industry associations around the world, hotel and restaurant owners can share safety measures directly on their Tripadvisor listing. These include sanitation procedures, mask wearing guidelines, social distancing policies, etc.
- Search filter: A new filter makes it easy for users to find which hotels and restaurants take these additional security measures.
- Travelers Reviews: New review submission form prompts allow users to validate security measures and share experiences with fellow travelers.
- Q&A with Business Owners: If users still have questions, they can send a direct message to business owners about their security measures (or whatever else).
- Businesses can now select security measures that they have implemented in their property by accessing the checklist in their Tripadvisor management center (free of charge).
- The checklist also allows properties to submit a text description the steps they take to protect customers, including links to security information on their own websites.
“If we are to make the world travel again, the safety needs of consumers must be appreciated and recognized as the biggest obstacle to bridging the trust gap created by this pandemic,” said Lindsay Nelson, Experience and Brand Manager, Tripadvisor, Inc. “With the launch of Travel Safe, we are empowering owners to show how they are putting health and safety first to protect their staff and future customers. As always, by submitting reviews, our hundreds of millions of members will be the best checks and balances in ensuring that these companies respect their policies in a responsible manner. “
“As travel restrictions ease, hotel companies must recognize the changing expectations of consumers for safety and cleanliness,” said Kanika soni, Commercial Director of Tripadvisor, Inc. “This is why Travel Safe will be such an essential tool. It will give consumers the information and reassurance they need when they travel, while empowering businesses to build trust by highlighting the concrete steps they are taking. take to ensure the safety of their customers. “
To learn more about Tripadvisor’s Travel Safe initiative and our commitment to COVID-19 recovery, visit: tripadvisor.com/travel-safe.
Connect to today’s Tripadvisor COVID-19 Insights webinar, covering best practices and strategies for using security measures to build travelers’ trust with industry experts through:
To learn more about the recovery of the tourism industry during COVID-19, visit: tripadvisor.com/Covid19WhitepaperMai2020.
Note to editor:
* The consumer information cited in this report has been collected and analyzed from a Tripadvisor consumer opinion tracking survey, based on data from an online consumer survey, in partnership with Qualtrics , conducted approximately every two weeks from March 27 to May 18 across six countries around the world.
Tripadvisor, the world’s largest travel platform *, helps 463 million travelers each month ** make every trip their best trip. Travelers around the world use the Tripadvisor site and app to browse over 860 million reviews and opinions on 8.7 million accommodations, restaurants, experiences, airlines and cruises. Whether planning or traveling, travelers turn to Tripadvisor to compare low prices on hotels, flights and cruises, book popular tours and attractions, and book tables at great restaurants. Tripadvisor, the ultimate travel companion, is available in 49 markets and 28 languages.
The subsidiaries and affiliates of Tripadvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP) own and operate a portfolio of websites and businesses, including the following travel media brands:
www.airfarewatchdog.com, www.bokun.io, www.bookingbuddy.com, www.cruisecritic.com, www.familyvacationcritic.com, www.flipkey.com,www.thefork.com (including www.lafourchette.com, www.eltenedor.com, and www.bookatable.co.uk), www.vacances.co.uk, www.holidaywatchdog.com, www.housetrip.com, www.jetsetter.com, www.niumba.com, www.onetime.com, www.oyster.com, www.seatguru.com, www.singleplatform.com, www.smartertravel.com, www.tingo.com, www.vacationhomerentals.com and www.viator.com.
* Source: Jumpshot for Tripadvisor sites, worldwide, November 2019
** Source: Tripadvisor internal log files, average monthly unique visitors, Q3 2019